Friday, August 3, 2007

EnterpriseDB Finalist in Two Categories at LinuxWorld

EnterpriseDB got the finalist nod for Best Database Solution, for the third year, and for GridSQL For EnterpriseDB. This is the first I have heard of GridSQL and I am looking forward to more info.


All it says in the announcement is:

GridSQL for EnterpriseDB Advanced Server is a new product that will be announced at LinuxWorld on Aug. 7, 2007.

About all I can think is that it is something like pgCluster which is a multi-master, bi-directional replication tool for PostgreSQL. I have a hard believing that's what it because 1) they already have a replication tool and 2) the naming would be incredibly unfortunate.

I say option 2 because when most people hear grid associated with "an Oracle compatible database", they think of Oracle RAC and/or Grid (which most people erroneously think is the same thing but that's a different blog).

So now I wait with baited breath. I wish I had gotten a head's up at least.





Software Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Software blogs Top Blog Sites Blog Flux Directory Lewis Cunningham